Thursday, May 17, 2007

Shear Genius: That Looks Familiar...

Ok...there was definatly and audible "gasp" around the world last night as Tyson and Tabatha's hair walked down the cat walk ...bad! bad! bad!....that was all I could say. Very unexpected from them, but I guess the curse remains: wall of fame = elimination.

When I worked in a bridal salon one thing was clear...most brides end up looking like their wedding cakes. And as I watched last night it really did strike me that most bridal hair is modeled after bake goods...or is it visa versa?...maybe I'm just jonesing the carbs I'm trying not to eat...
Krispy Creme should do a "linked donut"...I think it would be a big hit. On a side note...I think all MOB's hair ends up looking like this. I know they tried to do this to my mom.

I gave up chocolate over a year ago...please indulge me as I drool. Dr. B., what is with that 80's side "thing"?...you made her look younger because you took her back in time.

Case in point, these styles were the hardest to match with a pastry...therefore, the worst looks...hmmmm?....

6 comments:

mumblesalot (Laura A) said...

Love this. I always did notice the similarity between the brides hair and a wedding cake. I have also seen very beautiful brides undone by there updo. Or fresh natural beauties beaten into dourness by having their hair stacked like pastry on prom night.

Bravissimo said...

What is it about the updo and weddings? Don't the husbands to be get a say. Bet most of them want long flowing locks on their brides.

Boogie was wrong, and he had his bride nearly in tears.

Great post, Damselfly!

Ms. Place

Anonymous said...

The sad part is that Tabatha doesn't realize that she torpedoed her team's efforts by sniping at Tyson in front of the clients and then bad-mouthing him in front of the judges.

She is blaming Tyson for the loss when working as a team was one of the factors in the judging.

In addition, the judges didn't like the bride's rolled and pinned curls. It seems that was Tabatha's work.

People like Tabatha never see any blame in themselves.

Linda Merrill said...

well, now you've gone and made me hungry!

Fun post as always!

Anonymous said...

Now I know why I felt as if I'd gained 10 pounds by the time the show ended! :)

eric3000 said...

This post is hilarious!