Friday, July 6, 2007

June

There are some familiar faces in the June and July/August issues of ELLE DECOR.
"Jonathan Adler has always had a thing for retro. So it should come as no surprise that the designer picture frames for Larson-Juhl have a look that's pure 1960's."

Top Design Finale Party
"Elle Decor and W Hotels cohosted a cocktail party to celebrate the season finale of Bravo's interior design reality competition, Top Design."

Actress, Jane Seymore and Matt Lorenz, interior designer and Top Design winner, are pictured above.

Hmm, I think that I've seen something like this before.

(Design by David Beahm Design)

I remember now, it was Goil Amornvivat's design on episode 7 of Top Design.

The judges trashed Goil's hanging floral arragement because they thought bugs or whatever falling into their plates was unappetizing.
I think that I would rather take my chances with Goil's design.

Posted by TheHoInMO

1 comment:

kora in hell said...

As I recall, the other designers were (and bloggers) were more critical of the design than the judges.

Also, Goil's challenge was to design a real space (a chef's room for Tom Coliccio) and the other image is a Dining by Design a fantasy design (and a fabulous one at that) that would just be used once. The over the top look is wild but it works because it is coherent.