Thursday, May 31, 2007

Shear Genius: That Looks Familiar...

Here we are, all you hair fans...at the end. I cannot say that I'm surprised. Maybe what surprised me most about the final episode was how unsurprising it really was. This was definately a show that came in with a BANG! and left with a wimper...But to stay I was consistant here is my final "That Looks Familiar..." post of the season.

The stylists were suppose to create a story with their three models as well as working the Vidal "Kwan Cut" into one of their styles. They had their own ideas about their individual stories...here are mine:
Mod Movement or not I just like to call this series "Wilson Philips: Come back in progress"

While Ben saw these styles as Inner to Outer Beauty, I saw them as "The Evolution of Rene Zellweger". Maybe he was inspired by Rene Fris' presence.

Daisy was looking for the "S" curve as I was singing movie showtunes in my head. This is the The True Hollywood Story of the "Movie Musical".

6 comments:

mumblesalot (Laura A) said...

I don't know how you do this, but I love that you do. When Bravo introduces a new show called Top Visual Reference I know who the winner will be. You !

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Anthony!

Considering his long experience
in the industry, does he *really*
need an internship?
In fact, has any of the winners in the 'Top _____' series ever done one of these internships?
If Bravo wants to push these shouldn't they restrict the contestants to younger 20
somethings??

Linda Merrill said...

I agree with mumblesalot - your visual references are always spot on.

And I agree with this post - the show started off with a bang and kind of fizzled. The hard thing is that some of the simplest looking hair cuts are apparently harder to do than they appear - but from a viewers perspective, they looked blah. And I did think that there needed to be a bigger splash for the final challenge - something real - like a real runway show or photo shoot.

kittens not kids said...

definitely a whimper and not a bang. was i the only one who thought it was a bit unfair that the wigstands were all "no, don't cut my hair!"?

why not find models willing to have anything done? why agree to go on a HAIRSTYLING show and not want any snipping or changing?

a lot of these women seemed to have very thin or fine hair - i wanted to see some more complex hair.

oh well.
great show anyway, and hurrah! for that adorable Anthony!

Anonymous said...

I didn't bother to watch, I wanted Tyson and Tabatha and the show when they left, it was sooooooooo boring!!!!

eric3000 said...

Always love the pictures you find!