Wednesday, June 6, 2007

D-List: Did Anyone Else Notice...

Last night as I was watching Kathy, I noticed something funny. Not funny haha...Funny weird or even coincidental. In the comments of our previous post Madam Ovary said...
"Is it me or does Elizabeth already hate Kathy? I think I saw cold hatred whenever she looked at her."

Now if you were watching last night you got a chance to see Kathy backstage during one of her visits to the show. I couldn't get the picture so I had to recreate the situation...

Just before Rosie enters, Kathy is in the make-up room asking to use a chair. There is someone in the background being worked on with a blurred out face. Then the camera turns and you see Joy sitting on the other side of the room getting her make-up done. Well, at first I thought it might have been a guest but...no...the "burry" person is wearing a very distinct black and white striped shirt and when they show actual footage of that episode of The View whose wearing the shirt?... Elisabeth H! So, what does that mean:


-Elisabeth didn't want to be on Kathy's show more than necessary.
or
-Kathy didn't want to give Elisabeth any more air time.


Hmmmmmm.......?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh...good catch! Maybe Kathy or one of her people will clarify the incident for us.

I really can't see Kathy taking Rosie's place on the view. She's like a naughty child Barbara has to keep minding. If Kathy did become a permanent fixture though, Elizabeth is going to keep that tight-lipped joyless smile for the duration. Not only has Kathy bashed Bush, she actually performed for the troops in Iraq and Afganistan. She has the moral high ground on that debate. Elizabeth would be in hell with Kathy on the show every day.

Linda Merrill said...

Maybe it just means that Elizabeth doesn't want footage of her without makeup. Maybe she's just vain, or insecure.

Bravissimo said...

Madam Ovary-
I think Kathy would handle Elisabeth differently if she had a little more freedom...Rosie always treated Elisabeth's thoughts as valid even if she thought they were WRONG....Kathy would most likely shut Elisabeth down by making fun of her to her face with some outlandish comment (I love Kathy!!!lol) that Elisabeth wouldn't know how to respond to because...A) it would be over her head...and B) the Executive Producer hadn't prepared her for it....Yes you heard me right...Elisabeth is prepped everyday by the shows EP for the hot topics (and she's the only one)...hmmm...

Linda-
That wouldn't surprise me at all....double hmmm.....

Damselfly

Marius said...

First, let me just say that I love your recreation of the situation. Ok, so, I was shocked to find out that Kathy had been invited to the view again. Didn't she say something about Barbara Walters not liking her? And Rosie was so nice to her, which was very cool. Also, I read somewhere that Roseanne Barr wants to replace Rosie on the View. That would certainly be very interesting.

Damselfly, I had no idea that the producers prepared Elizabeth everyday for the hot topics portion of the show. That is interesting.

eric3000 said...

Yeah, that little recreation of the crime-scene is hilarious! I feel like I'm watching CSI!

I definitely didn't catch that. Linda could be right, it could just be vanity; but I suspect it has more to do with hatred of Kathy. I mean, how bad could Elizabeth look without makeup? What is she, like 20 years old?

Vic said...

I rewatched the show last night and thought it very strange to see Elizabeth's head blurred out. I can only surmise one thing, that her hair was a mess and she didn't want to be seen on camera that way, so I agree with Linda that it might be vanity.

I also closely watched Kathy's entrance onto the set. Elizabeth smiled at her in greeting. It wasn't effusive, but I didn't observe the angry looks.

Your picture, by the way, is a thousand times better than the original.