Friday, June 1, 2007

Shear Genius Finale: the three stylists you will meet in heaven!

Posted by Eric3000

Eight episodes? Really? That's it? I thought there would be at least one more. I thought this episode would narrow it down to the final two, who would compete in the finale next week. I should probably pay more attention.

We start the episode with the three final geniuses sitting with Rene. It looks like Rene should be interviewing them but he is really just telling them what has happened on the show:

Rene: "Hi hi! First you all came on the show and then you cut some hair and people got into arguments and you all cried like little girls and some people were sent home and a bunch of other stuff happened and now we are just left with the three of you!"

Geniuses: "We know all that, Rene. We were there."

Rene: "OK, Mr. and Mrs. Smartypantses, why don't you give us a sound bite."

Anthony: "I have 43 years of experience in the styling industry. And that's pretty impressive because I'm only 39."

Daisy: "At the beginning I was completely misunderestimated."

Ben: "Making it this far on the show is really an accomplishment. But I don't care about all that shit; I'm just in it for the money."

The geniuses learn that they will recreating a Vidal Sassoon style made famous by Olympic silver medalist and hair legend Michelle Kwan. Then they are introduced to the guest judge: God.

Click here to continue reading this post!

7 comments:

kittens not kids said...

oh, your best recap yet! what will i do with my weekly Eric3K?

my mom is convinced Rene has a speech impediment, along with that nice danish accent.

vidal sassoon = god. i laughed. hard. milk would have come out of my nose if i had been drinking any.

vidal wasn't much of a judge. saying "oh, lovely! oh, shiny! beautiful! what hair!" isn't really terribly....judgmental.
but whatever. who am I to criticize God Sassoon?

Anonymous said...

I think you all must be very young because to me the only hair "god" is KENNETH. He was before Sassoon, before Cristophe. He was the first stylist to be well known by the general public, those outside of styling circles.

http://www.kennethsalon.com/pages/ABTUS.html

He styled Jaqueline Kennedy, Marilyn Monroe and was in the news every day.

kora in hell said...

Eric this post was the grand finale! It was hilarious.

I wasn't going to watch this show (what do I care from Hollywood hair stylists?) but I got sucked in because: 1. it was surprisingly fun to watch and 2. I wanted to keep up with your recaps Eric!

kbryna: Rene definitely has a speech impediment. He doesn't sound anything like the Danes that I know. Someone on Project Gay mentioned that he sounded like Elmer Fudd. It is actually kind of sad to listen to him. He sounds a little retarded. Okay, I'm not really that sensitive. It is actually really funny to read Eric's attempts to translate him.

...hair legend Michelle Kwan
That's perfect.

God: "after Katrina ... I've never seen so many people with bad hair in my entire life! ... if all the hairdressers worked together, we could prevent hurricanes and other natural disaster from ever occurring."
Ha ha. Thanks for providing the link. It's a great organization but the way it was presented on the show was confusing.

A few more of my favorite lines:

Client: "They told me this was a taping of Two and a Half Men.""

Sally: "Christ! Who do you think you are? Paula Abdul? We have to pick a winner here, Vidal."

Daisy is out. Anthony wins. Ben loses but, for some reason, gets to stay on the set and drink champagne with everyone while daisy is stuck drinking Miller Lite on the loading dock.


You slay me.

Linda Merrill said...

Hey Eric, do you have a special tv receiver none of us have? Not fair! Yours is waaay funnier than the actual programs. Poor Daisy on the loading dock!

Marius said...

Great post! The geniuses didn't give you much material to work with this time around, but you did wonders with what they did--very funny!

And I don't care if Rene has a speech impediment. He's just gorgeous. The finale was kind of boring, but, overall, I enjoyed the show from start to finish.

MoHub said...

Oh, Eric,! Just read your blog and I have tea in my eyes!

Anonymous, I am old enough to remember Kenneth, but he never branded himself the way Sassoon did. No one I knew went to a salon (beauty parlor back then) to ask for a "Kenneth style" (even though they knew he was the First Lady's stylist); they asked for a "Jackie" look.

On the other hand, I don't remember anyone asking for the "Nancy Kwan bob" as much as for a "Sassoon cut."

eric3000 said...

Yeah, I feel a little bad making fun of someone with a speech impediment but, since it is combined with a foreign accent, I figure it's fair game. Besides, I actually think it's cute and I only do it out of love! It's the same reason we love Penelope Cruz: we can't understand a single word she says (in English).

I also felt bad making fun of Vidal Sassoon and his wonderful charity but, when he first started talking about it, I swear I thought he was going to tell us how the people in New Orleans are desperate to have their hair styled.

And anonymous, I'm not sure I consider Vidal Sassoon to be god. Ha ha! But the people on the show sure did. I admit, I hadn't heard of Kenneth. Thank you; Your comment has made me feel younger. Although now I don't feel gay enough! Ha ha!

Thanks again, everyone, for reading!